From: 2016-03-14 To: 2017-03-31
CHECK IN TIME
Nicolás Str, nº 15
Nicolás Str, nº 15
Join our Full Day Toledo Tour to discover the “City of the Three Cultures”!
Enjoy a very entertaining day visiting Toledo.
The first stop in our tour will be atthe beautiful city- museum o f Toledo, located 70 km away from Madrid, and declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco.
During our tour in Toledo we will visit the Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz, the old Bib-al-Mardum Mosque or Valmardón Mosque ended in 1186 and true reflection of Caliphic architecture, the inside of the Cathedral, with its architecture that shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic and the rich artworks the building houses (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings, etc.). We will continue our itinerary visiting the Church of Saint Tomé where you will see “El Entierro del señor de Orgaz”, masterpiece of El Greco and will follow with the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca. We will also learn the famous technique of damascene (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and will finish with a panoramic view of Toledo.
After your morning in Toledo, we will leave around 14:30pm back to Madrid with and stop at Bargas, home to the “Finca Loranque” where we will visit its wine cellars and where you will get the chance to try some of their wines.
For this tour you have the ability to choose the Lunch options listed above:
– without Lunch.
– with Tourist Lunch: menu composed by vegetable stew, veal cutting with green beans and french fried potatoes and vanilla ice cream with fruit salad (drinks not included).
– with Typical Lunch: appetizers and castilian tapas, roasted lamb with vegetables, truffle cake with ice cream, drink, mineral water and coffee.
|14/03 – 06/11/2016 & 27-31/03/2017||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa|
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- English Speaking Official guide.
- Entrance fee to Cathedral, Church of St. Tome, Synagogue and Cristo de la Luz.
- Commented tasting of 3 Drinks and an appetizer.
NOT included services:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Other services not specified.