From: 2016-03-14 To: 2017-03-31
CHECK IN TIME
Balmes, 5 (Barcelona)
Fall in love with the Gothic and Modernist Barcelona, look at its beauty from the heights and walk in one of its central and historical neigbourhoods
- La Pedrera is the reflection of Gaudí’s imagination, with an atypical terrace dominated by chimneys that remind of medieval knights.
- The Montjuïc Cable Car takes the visitor to Parc de Montjuïc, Mirador and Castell de Montjuïc to enjoy the finest panoramic views of Barcelona.
- Poble Espanyol is an open-air Spanish architectural museum with full-scale replicas of the characteristic buildings, squares and streets of the country.
- The Barcelona Cathedral represents the beauty of the Gothic Catalan art and has a magnificent Cloister in which thirteen white geese are kept.
In Barcelona, history and traditions go hand in hand with emerging fashion and new trends in cuisine, culture and art. Barcelona offers the possibility to enjoy the sea as well as the mountains. we proposes an itinerary that will allow you to enjoy the most emblematic sights the city has to offer.
We will start with a sightseeing tour from the bus that will take you up the elegant Passeig de Gràcia, where you will see the most famous Gaudi houses, casa Batlló and La casa Mila (La Pedrera) as well as other majestic buildings of the Modernism era.
We will take you to the sea where you will be able to admire the intense changes the city underwent with the organisation of the Olympic Games in 1992. You will drive by the Olympic Village, the Olympic Port, the beach and the fisherman’s quarter, called Barceloneta, the Port Vell, Plaza (square) de Colon with its famous Columbus monument, indicating which way he sailed to discover the Americas. This point is also the beginning of the famous Ramblas of Barcelona. We will continue the visit driving up Montjuïc where you will enjoy a cable car ride with precious views of the city. The bus will pick you up at the last station and we will continue our Montjuïc visit passing by the sports facilities built for the 1992 Olympic Games: the Lluis Companys stadium, the Palau Sant Jordi, the Olympic swimming pool Picornell until we get to the Spanish Village. We will visit this charming place where you will admire a collection of traditional buildings from all over Spain, and a demonstration of a selection of the handcrafts made in this country.
After the visit of the Spanish village, we will leave the Montjuïc behind and go back down to the city centre. During the drive back to the city centre you will be able to admire the Venetian Towers, the Montjuïc fountains, the MNAC and the CC, Las Arenas rebuilt over the ancient Plaza de Toros.
We will arrive at the Plaza de Catalunya, the starting point of the guided walking tour of the old city centre. Our guide will take you to the Gothic Cathedral, threw the narrow street of the Gothic quarter and plaza Sant Jaume where the City hall is located and the headquarters of the Catalonian government. Our tour finishes at the Plaza de Catalunya, in front of the Hard Rock Café, in the city centre at a 10min walking distance from our office.
|14/03 – 06/11/2016 & 27-31/03/2017||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa||Eng/Spa|
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Multilingual Official Guide
- Entrance fee to Spanish Village
- Montjuic Cable Car
NOT included services:
- Lunch or other services not specified above
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Optional Gratuities